FFTSS: A Fast Fourier Transform Library
This software is a part of the result of the project 'Scalable Software Infrastructure(SSI)' supported by
"Development of Software Infrastructure for Large Scale Scientific Simulation",
Core Research for Evolutional Science and Technology(CREST) Program, Japan
Science and Technology Agency(JST).
FFTSS is an open source library for computing the Fast Fourier
Transform. Since FFTW is already the de facto standard FFT library, we
made the interfaces of this library almost compatible with those of
FFTW. This makes it easy to run your applications coded for FFTW.
The FFTSS library includes various FFT kernel routines. In each
computing envirionment, the best set of the kernels is selected by
trial runs of them. This is because it is difficult to detemine which
source program generates the fastest code.
- Key Features
- Compatibility with FFTW3. Replace the header file name "fftw3.h" with "fftw3compat.h".
- C99 keywords for higher level optimization.
- Support for FMA(Fused Multiply-Add), SSE2, and SSE3 instructions.
- Parallel 2-D and 3-D transforms using OpenMP.
- Parallel 2-D transforms using MPI (+OpenMP).NEW!
- The length of each dimension must be powers of two.
- Double complex only.
Version 3.0 (20071031) NEW!
- A. Nukada. FFTSS: A HIGH PERFORMANCE FAST FOURIER TRANSFORM LIBRARY, In Proceedings of the 2006 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2006), Vol. III, pp.980-983, IEEE, May 14-19, 2006. paper
- A. Nishida, H. Kotakemori, T. Kajiyama, and A. Nukada. Scalable Software Infrastructure Project. In Proceedings of the IEEE/ACM SC06 Conference, poster, November 11-17, 2006. poster
The SSI Project
The URL of the official home page of this project is changed to
The page will be not accessible with
http://ssi.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/ in the future.